Join For the Love of Creation‘s faith-in-action campaign, which mobilizes people across Canada to reduce household GHG emissions and demonstrate support for increased federal climate action.
The campaign launched on February 17, 2021 (Ash Wednesday) and will run until October 4, 2021 (the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi and the end of the Season of Creation).
How it works
Make a personal pledge to reduce your GHG emissions and engage in acts of solidarity with justice-seeking communities.
Share your pledge and call on federal Cabinet Ministers to commit the Government of Canada to:
- Increase our national GHG emissions reduction target and invest in a just transition to a fair, inclusive, green economy;
- Implement the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, including, but not limited to, the right of free, prior and informed consent;
- Commit equal support for climate change adaptation and mitigation measures in the Global South.
- Visit the campaign page and sign the customizable online letters today!
Local organizers will bring the national campaign to their communities across Canada encouraging individuals to take action.
For the Love of Creation will provide electronic materials to local organizers on climate change and the policy asks of the campaign, personal action ideas and downloadable pledge cards, customizable online letters to Cabinet ministers, and other resources.
To get started
- Register your community (church/synagogue, school, religious order, neighbourhood).
- Receive and review campaign materials.
- Animate your community:
- gather (online) share information about the campaign;
- invite participants to pledge to take action (and to share their pledge on social media);
- encourage participants to write to one or more Cabinet Ministers requesting action towards climate justice.
Source: Kairos Canada